Thai Chicken & Mango Stir-Fry
• 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 4 teaspoons canola oil
• 1 pound chicken tenders
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
• 1-2 fresh small red or green chile peppers, stemmed and sliced
• 4 cups bite-size broccoli florets
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 mangoes
• 1 bunch scallions
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
• 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
Combine soy sauce, lime juice, cornstarch and brown sugar to taste in a small bowl.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring, until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, garlic, ginger and chiles (or crushed red pepper) to the pan. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
Add broccoli and water; cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes.
Add mangoes and scallions; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the reserved sauce and chicken; cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is heated through, about 1 minute.
Stir in cilantro, basil and mint. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Tonight, I’m serving with Jasmine rice, garden Salad and fresh fruit.