Shrimp in Garlic- White Wine Sauce
1 Pound Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
½ Teaspoon Red-pepper Flakes
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
8 Ounces Sliced Mushrooms
1 Large Shallot (minced)
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
½ Teaspoon Paprika
3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Salt & use Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Warm the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the red pepper flakes and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp, mushrooms, shallots, wine, lemon juice, and paprika.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and opaque.
- Sprinkle with the Cilantro, season with salt and pepper, and serve over ravioli, risotto or orzo.
An elegant sauce gives quick-cooking shrimp crowd-pleasing flavor. The shrimp take only about 20 minutes to prepare. It’s healthy, low in fat (since I’m not using cream in this recipe), and delicious. I keep a bag of shrimp in my freezer at all times so I can whip this up whenever the mood strikes. To make it an Italian feast, tonight I’m serving over a bed of cheese raviolis (with the ricotta-Parmesan cheese filling it’s a low-fat protein) but you can also serve with risotto or orzo pasta – Spinach and red pepper salad provide antioxidants. But what really matters is that it tastes amazing, and dinners on the table in less than 30 minutes!