Chicken & Noodle Soup
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound Chicken breast sliced thin
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces wide rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon Worchester Sauce
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or to taste
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or soup pot over high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until just cooked, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate using tongs, leaving the juices in the pot.
Add broth and water, cover and bring to a boil. Add noodles and soy sauce; simmer until the noodles are soft, about 4 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with bean sprouts and basil. Serve hot.
Tonight, I’m serving with a big salad and crusty Bread.