Tortellini & Zucchini Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 9 ounces (about 2 cups) tortellini,, fresh or frozen, preferably spinach-&-cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots and onion; stir, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and just beginning to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and zucchini; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add tortellini and tomatoes and simmer until the tortellini are plump and the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 6 to 10 minutes. Stir vinegar into the hot soup just before serving.
Tonight, I’m doing a simple Soup and Salad meal, spinach salad and multigrain baguette.