Mac and Cheese Carbonara
1/2 lb. elbow macaroni cooked to al dente
- 5 slices pancetta rough chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigianino
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
Mac and Cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cups cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 cups grated Fontina
- 3/4 cup Parmigianino
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a dry saucepan cook pancetta until slightly crisp.
- Combine pancetta, 1 tbsp. drippings, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Parmigianino and parsley. Set aside.
- Add garlic to pancetta drippings and heat for 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until bubbling and slightly browned.
- Slowly add, cream, milk, salt and pepper whisking over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add fontina, parmigiano and mozzarella whisking until melted. Mix together with pasta and pour into buttered baking dish.
- Top with bread crumb mixture and press down. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 20-25 minutes
Tonight I’m serving with a side salad and fruit compote.