SHRIMP COBB SALAD
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. cooked, peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 2 avocado, pitted, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges or diced
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted chopped, or sliced almonds, optional
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing (see below)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
In pot over high heat, combine eggs with enough water to cover by 1-inch. Bring to boil. Cover. Remove from heat, let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
Cover eggs with cold water. When cool enough peel and cut into wedges.
In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook bacon on medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Break bacon into 1-inch pieces.
Combine greens, mango, avocado shrimp, and tomatoes and onion in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat. Top with cheese, bacon, eggs. Top with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts, if using.