- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 (10-inch) corn or whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta or shredded mozzarella, plus more if desired
- 1/4 cup barbecue or tomato sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan over moderate heat, cook the turkey until well browned, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the fat from the pan and add the parsley, oregano, and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While the turkey is cooking, warm each tortilla in the microwave for
10 to 20 seconds. Place the tortillas on individual plates and place 1/4 cup of the cooked turkey in the middle of each. Top each taco with 1 tablespoon Feta or mozzarella and 1 tablespoon barbecue or tomato sauce, if desired.
Fold the tortillas in half and warm each one in microwave for 20 seconds to melt the cheese. Serve with carrots and applesauce on the side.