Teriyaki Marinated Chicken
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1/4 cup sake, or mirin
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1-1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Whisk soy sauce, sake (or mirin), brown sugar, garlic and ginger in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or 1-gallon sealable plastic bag. Add the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours. Remove from the marinade and pat dry.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or position a rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
- To grill: Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side.
- To broil: Line a broiler pan (or baking sheet) with foil and coat with cooking spray. Place the chicken on the foil. Broil, watching carefully and turning at least once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 10 to 15 minutes total.
Tonight, I am serving with Jasmine rice, snow peas sautéed with garlic and ginger and toasted sesame seeds, side salad, and fruit compote.