32 raw peeled large shrimp
1/4 lb unsalted butter
bell pepper, sliced (optional)
Blackening Spice Ingredients
1 teaspoon ground basil
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is best)
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1. Mix spice ingredients thoroughly in a small bowl (make a double or triple batch and store the remainder for later use!)
2. Dredge shrimp through the mixture.
3. Place a large skillet over a very high heat, and melt the butter or olive oil (you can also grill.)
4. Place the shrimp in the skillet and turn heat down to medium.
5. Cook on both sides for approximately 7 minutes (maybe less) each- pay attention to the shrimp as they cook quickly; when the shrimp curl, they are done.
5. Optional – sprinkle the vegetables with the spice mix and sauté in the butter in the same skillet.
6. Serve over a bed of fettuccini with lots of garlic bread small garden salad and ice-cold beer or chilled white wine.