Tangy Pork Sirloin Steaks
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 4 bacon strips
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp molasses
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Cut steak into four wide strips; add to the marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Wrap a bacon strip around each steak piece; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Using long-handled tongs moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-low heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 155°; medium, 165°; well-done, 175°)
- Combine the glaze ingredients; brush over steaks. Grill until glaze is heated. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Tonight I’m serving with French Fries, corn on the cob, garden salad and fruit compote.