Posted from WordPress for Android
Balsamic Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 2-3 pound boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place pork tenderloin into an oven proof covered baking dish fat side down.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over pork cover Roast pork 30 minutes.
- Turn roast fat side up. Roast uncovered until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 155°F., about 25 minutes longer. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
- Once pork tenderloin has rested, break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of gravy over pork tenderloin.
Tonight, I’m serving with steamed baby red potatoes, garden salad and fruit compote.
Coffee-Rubbed Cheeseburgers with Texas Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 slices applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 pound ground chuck (preferably grass-fed)
- 1 pound ground sirloin (preferably grass-fed)
- 8 slices smoked provolone, smoked caciocavallo, or smoked Gouda cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 8 potato-bread hamburger buns
- 8 slices red onion
- 8 slices tomato
- Texas Barbecue Sauce
FOR COFFEE RUB
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 week ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Break in half. Gently mix chuck and sirloin in large bowl. Form meat into 8 patties, each 31/2 to 4 inches in diameter and 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick. Using thumb, make slight indentation in center of each burger. DO AHEAD Burgers and bacon can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover separately and chill.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Sprinkle 1 teaspoon coffee rub on top side of each burger. Place burgers, rub side down, on grill rack. Grill until slightly charred, about 4 minutes; turn. Place 2 bacon slice halves atop each burger. Cook 3 minutes. Top each with 1 cheese slice. Cover and cook until cheese melts, about 1 minute longer.
- Place burgers atop bottom halves of buns. Top with onion slices and tomato slices. Spoon dollop of Texas Barbecue Sauce over. Cover with bun tops and serve, passing additional sauce alongside.
Tonight, I’m serving with French Fries (Broiled not fried) green garden salad and fruit compote.
Chicken with Honey-Orange Sauce
- ·2 navel oranges
- ·2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ·1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- ·1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ·4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 1/4 pounds), trimmed and tenders removed
- ·1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ·1 tablespoon canola oil
- ·1 cup white wine
- ·1/2 cup golden raisins
- ·2 tablespoons honey
- ·1 3-inch cinnamon stick
- ·1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (see Tip)
- Zest and juice one orange. Remove the skin and white pith from the other orange, then halve and slice. Reserve zest and juice separately from the orange slices.
- Combine flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess. Transfer the remaining flour to a small bowl, add broth and whisk to combine.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add wine to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the flour-broth mixture, the reserved orange zest and juice, raisins, honey, cinnamon stick and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan and cook, turning the chicken once or twice, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165°F and the sauce has thickened, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Discard the cinnamon stick. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and garnish with the reserved orange slices and almonds.
Tip: To toast slivered almonds, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Tonight I’m serving with Basmati Rice, broccoli, green garden salad and fruit compote
Bones Chorizo and Potato Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- 3 medium red-skin boiling or Yukon gold potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound Argentina chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatillos (about 4 ounces), husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed
- 1 can Black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 eggs scrambled (cooked)
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 12 soft cornmeal tortillas
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine chorizo and onion. Cook, stirring often, until sausage is cooked through and onion is soft, about 10 minutes. If sausage has rendered more than a light coating of fat over bottom of skillet, pour off extra. Add potatoes, and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring often, until potatoes begin to brown, about 8 minutes add scrambled eggs. As mixture cooks, mash everything together a little with back of a spoon or a spatula, scraping up any crusty bits of potato, so that it roughly holds together. Cover, and keep warm over very low heat.
Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine tomatillos, garlic, and jalapeno. Pulse until fine. Add avocado, and pulse until combined. Season with salt.
Wrap tortillas in a warm, damp kitchen towel, put them in a microwave-safe casserole dish, and cover. Warm in the microwave for 4 minutes, remove, and let stand a few minutes. Top each tortilla with potato mixture and avocado salsa, fold in half, and serve.
Tonight I’m serving with garden salad and fruit compote!