Chipotle-Orange Broccoli & Chicken
- 1 14-ounce package boneless/skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo, (see Tip), seeded if desired
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse and pat dry chicken; cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch cubes. Sprinkle chicken on all sides with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook in a single layer, stirring every couple of minutes, until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and broccoli to the pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until the broccoli is bright green, about 1 minute. Add orange juice and chipotle and cook, stirring frequently, until the broccoli is just tender, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Return the chicken and any juice to the pan. Cook, gently stirring, until the chicken is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro.
Tip: Look for the small cans of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce with Mexican foods at large supermarkets.
Tonight, I’m serving with jasmine rice, fresh garden salad and fruit compote