Thyme Roasted Shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 sprigs thyme
- 2 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 pounds large shrimp, (about 18 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pour olive oil into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or similarly sized roasting pan.
- Add thyme sprigs and garlic to the dish. Set the dish in the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lay shrimp over the thyme and garlic, then roast until pink and firm, about 8 minutes for medium shrimp (about 30 per pound) or 10 minutes for large shrimp (about 18 per pound), tossing gently two or three times.
- Remove baking dish from the oven, and stir in vinegar, salt, and pepper. Serve.
Variation: To make Rosemary-Roasted Shrimp, substitute 5 rosemary sprigs for the thyme, and 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar for the balsamic.
Tonight, serving over a bed of fettuccini (twice cooked – once cooked al dente I re-cooked it with olive oil and crushed garlic and fresh cracked peppercorn), fresh garden salad and fruit compote.