Grilled Steak with Whiskey Dijon BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed light
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped fresh
- 1-1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine broth, whiskey, mustard, brown sugar, shallot, Worcestershire and thyme in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced to about 1/2 cup, 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. Grill the steak 1 1/2 to 3 minutes per side for medium. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve the steak with the sauce.
Tonight, I am serving with oven roasted cubed potatoes, garden salad and fruit compote.