Maple-Glazed Chicken Breasts
Prep: 20 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 8 ounces), trimmed and tenders removed
- Whisk syrup, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small, shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat with the marinade; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Coat an indoor grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until reduced by about half, about 4 minutes. Liberally baste the chicken with the reduced sauce and serve.